It's farther into January than I thought. Everything is somehow being balanced, and while I want to credit the calmness of our January schedule, there is so much going on right now, that calling January calm would be wrong. We only have one weekend sport - basketball - and Rocket's games are at 9 a.m., which is early, but still leaves open the weekend. That is probably why January feels calm.
* Watching Rocket progress in basketball has been awesome. This Saturday is his last game, and he'll be sad when it's over. He made his first basket last weekend. He's normally quick to pass the ball away, if he ever gets it, but this time he got the ball in the key and we all screamed, "SHOOT!" He did, the ball hit the top of the rim, and tipped down on the inside, scoring a basket. We had friends visiting with us, and we all went wild when he scored.
* Rocket is a little man. He needed a new helmet for skateboarding as he'd grown out of his last. He was fitted and tried on a few until we found the one that worked. In the car I saw the size: men's small. Sunrise, sunset...
* Skateboarding class is awesome. No one has to be dragged there, unlike piano lessons.
* Rocket is begging for a skateboard ramp. We live on a hill near a blind curve, but he had a solution: since we are doing a remodel, we should add on a room for skate ramps. Like they have at his skate school.
* Later, he asked if there are homes with bowling alleys in them.
* Our remodel is going to disappoint Rocket.